Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A New Banner for Travel Wonders

After a year or so, I have decided to update the banner and slightly alter the colour scheme of this travel blog. I'd love to get opinions on the new banner. Do you prefer it over the old banner of Sydney harbour?

While I love the view over my home city of Sydney, I wanted the banner to more greatly reflect the idea and spirit of the travel wonders of the world and the wide variety of stunning travel experiences and sights accessible across our planet. This banner includes photo snippets of thirteen different wonderous countries from my travels including wonders both natural and man-made, from across the ages and covering all seven continents. While stretching the bounds of my scant skills in Photoshop, I managed to include sights which are artistic, cultural, curious, iconic, extraordinary and awe-inspiring - some maybe more familiar than others.

I hope that this site continues to encourage people to explore and seek out their own personal travel wonders - to travel with respect and to travel with an inquiring mind to discover and understand better the wonderful peoples, culture, history and natural beauty which knit together to form the wonderful planet which we inhabit.

While several are reasonably obvious, can anyone work out what the thirteen travel wonders are? A list will follow in a few days.

5 comments:

Debo Hobo said...

I totally like the new one, the colors scheme is much more adventurous!

Heather Dugan ("Footsteps") said...

It's a positive change, Mark! While I liked your harbor view, this banner is certainly more reflective of your multi-continent postings. Nice.
 
~And I'm partial to the ocean color, too (I figure any shade of blue or green is an "ocean color" somewhere in the world)!

Clive @ FH4U said...

Yeah i prefer it too. Its more interesting and the colour scheme is a good match for the blog.

Cuckoo said...

I totally agree with Heather. This one reflects your multi-continent personality though other one was with personal preference.

Mark H said...

Thank you to the fed back comments and emails. I greatly appreciate your thoughtful comments. Sounds like the new banner stays. It does give the chance to alter the occasional image every so often but leave the overall banner in place.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails